Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Born Again

It is time that we proclaim what we believe, and do it so loudly and fervently. We have something so important to share that everybody's life depends on it. We have been saved from an eternal separation from God. We have been given eternal life and a relationship with our Heavenly Father. In this day and age, most relationships don't last too long, because none of us are perfect. So Christ came to earth to introduce us to a God that wants an eternal relationship with us. Once we have made the decision; it is our responsibility to proclaim to the lost.


I found myself looking into the mirror
Knew I wasn't who I wanted to be
I was living like the way that I wanted
But my eyes reminded me I'm not free.
Believed that I saw everything that I know
Says I got to go, tired of going solo
But I'm never gonna go there again.


The only way we are able to see our physical image is by looking in a mirror, but we need to look past the physical and get to the heart of the matter, the eternal soul. It takes recognizing that we are truly enslaved by sin; that we see our eternal state. Once we see that need for God; then we will not want to turn back to a life filled with sin and disappointment.

This is what it is
This is who I am
This is where I finally take my stand
I didn't want to fall
But I don't have to crawl
I met the One with two scarred hands
Giving him the best of everything that's left of
The life inside this man
I've been Born Again


The Word of God has much to say about standing up for what we believe. "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;"(Philippians 1:27) 

Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.(Ephesians 6:13)

I see you walking like your living in fear
Having trouble even looking at me
Wishin they would give you more than words
Sick of people telling how it should be (how it should be)
Whats your download, where'd you get your info, you saw that I'm show now your in the in low.
Gonna tell you what I believe


Having no knowledge of the Savior can cause many people to fear the unknown, death and what eternity holds for them. Some people are not sure what they believe, and therefore are lost. We have the Word of God, and it is more than just empty words. It contains the words of life.

This is what it is
This is who I am
This is where I finally take my stand
I didn't want to fall
But I don't have to crawl
I met the One with two scarred hands
Giving him the best of everything that's left of
The life inside this man
I've been Born Again


I have met the One, that was willing to give His life for me, and He has saved me from sin. Many people before us have had to go through a great deal more for their faith, and they never complained about what they endured. Jesus suffered much as He made His way to the cross to make the greatest sacrifice for all of us. "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth: He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so He opened not His mouth."(Isaiah 53:5,7)

We are the ones they call by name
(I'm never gonna look back)
Let go let go the guilt the shame
(Said I'm never gonna look back)
This is who I am


This is what it is
This is who I am
This is where I finally take my stand
I didn't want to fall
But I don't have to crawl
I met the One with two scarred hands
Giving him the best of everything that's left of
The life inside this man
I've been Born Again 

(Who I am- Newsboys)

Are you able to say that you have been born again? Are you able to make that stand, and not back down from what you have been called to proclaim? If you remember the story of Nicodemus; he thought he knew what Jesus was talking about, but Jesus had to explain what He meant. Do you know what Christ meant? We have been born once physically, and in order to be born again we must be reborn spiritually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment